Before installing the extension, you need to install Meta Box plugin first.
- Go to Plugins → Add New and search for Meta Box
- Click Install Now button to install the plugin
- After installing, click Activate Plugin to activate the plugin
The extension is just a WordPress plugin, you can install it like a normal WordPress plugin.
- Go to Plugins, click Add new, then click Upload plugin.
- Choose the
.zipfile you downloaded and click Install now
- After finishing upload, click Activate to finish.
First you have to go to Settings \ Meta Box Updater to add your API key. To get this API key, please go to your profile page at the support forum.
After entering this info, click Save Changes.
Whenever a new version of an extension is released, you’ll see the notification in Plugins page or Dashboard \ Update page, just like other plugins hosted at WordPress.org:
Clicking on View version x.x.x details, you’ll see the changelog of new version:
Clicking Install update now will install the new version of the extension.