- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by .
I am a bit confused and I hope you can help.
What I want is to have pages about my services for example Design, Advertising, Web Development, etc.
And for each Service page I want to have a list of posts that is page specific.
The end goal is to have a url permalink structure as follows http://www.example.com/services/design/post-title-about-design
What I did is:
- I created custom post type Services to distinct the posts from regular posts on WP. The slug for this custom post type is service.
- I created custom taxonomy - hierarchical, category for Design, Advertising, Web Development, etc...
- I changed the permalink settings to be example.com/%category%/%postname%/
- When I set one of the custom categories in my custom post type posts the url structure remains example.com/service/post-title.
If I set one of these custom categories for regular posts they show in the url of the post http://www.example.com/design/regular-post-title.
But I cannot make it work for the custom post type posts. Am I missing something?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.