- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by .
I noticed that if there are multiple meta boxes on a page, it is possible to drag the meta boxes inside the post editor to reorder them on the edit screen. Is it possible to get that ordering information in the page template, so that the order of the meta boxes on the edit screen matches the order in which they appear in the page template on the front end?
For clarity, let’s assume:
- I have “Box A” and “Box B” in the editor. These are separate meta boxes defined with separate IDs in separate files.
- My page template is set up to display (in order) “Box A” followed by “Box B”.
- I reorder the meta boxes on the edit screen so that “Box B” now appears above “Box A”,
Right now, the order of meta boxes on the front-end is still “Box A” followed by “Box B”.
Is it possible to know the order of these meta boxes on the backend so, in this scenario, the order of meta boxes on the front-end changes so that “Box B” is now above “Box A”?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.