- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by .
Related to the issue I just posted…
I wanted to duplicate an existing Field Group (because it had a field I cannot add to a new Field Group).
I think this feature doesn’t exist, but there is an Import/Export field group.
I did not want to import a field group with the same name/ID (what would happen?), so I went to edit the .dat file.
Of course when I open it, it’s encrypted or otherwise not editable by me.
To be safe here’s what I did:
- temporarily changed the existing group’s Title & Slug
- exported .dat file
- revert the existing group’s original Title/Slug
- imported .dat file, which has the “temporary” title/slug
This worked, and I just edited the fields in that group. BTW, the custom taxonomy field works in this “cloned” field group.
To avoid this extra work I did, maybe
- Provide instructions how to edit the .dat file
- A “Duplicate field group” link would be most convenient
- Otherwise allow Title/Slug to be changed before import
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.