- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by .
Hi Anh - i need to create a menu builder but i'm struggling with using Relationships. hoping you can help...
- 1 core menu
- some locations have unique menu items
- some locations have different prices for the same item
- 40 locations across several US states
Client website contains a dedicated page for each location. Location specific menu is displayed on each page. I want to centralize the food menu builder to avoid manually recreating an entire menu for each location. The business is growing and adds new locations several times per year.
I have 2 questions here:
- How to use CPT and custom template to display general price for an item, but then allow for price changes on specific location menus?
- I want to create Menus by adding Menu Items. In my mind, I would create CPT for Individual Menu Items. Menu items are assigned to Menu Categories (Appetizers, Soup, Salad, etc), and once all items are entered, a menu is created for a specific location.
- Menu (designated for a location)
- Menu Items (used to create a specific menu)
Taxonomies for the Menu CPT are:
- Menu Category (Appetizers, Salad, Soup, etc)
- Allergens (Gluten Free, Vegetarian, etc)
Taxonomies for Locations are:
I can't figure how to handle variable prices and then allow for location specific unique items.
All locations in Florida have Hamburgers. All are priced at $5.00 each. But in Texas, one store wants to charge $5.50 each for the same burger.
If I use normal CPT and custom template method to display burger for both Florida and Texas locations, how can I update the price for only one location without making a problem for the other locations?
Any suggestions are appreciated!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.