MB User Meta is an extension for the WordPress Meta Box plugin which allows you to add custom fields (metadata) to user profile like user address, user billing info or custom avatar.
Must use situation:
WordPress by default offers us a very limited information of user name, email, bio. For a large website with complex data, that is not enough. For example, if you have a real estate website, then you might need more information about brokers:
- Contact info: mobile phone, work phone
- Real images
- Projects that they completed
If you run an e-commerce website, the information about sellers is critical. It includes but not limited to:
- Verification status from the website owner
- Location: address, city, state
- Contact info: hotline, mobile phone
Without a tool to handle user meta, developers have to spend a lot of time writing custom code to add/edit user meta.
Highlights: More information, less time
It can provide more information options than the WordPress original one and save you more time on coding and editing as well, which is really important.
- Uses native user meta API of WordPress, which means you can query, get or edit it with other code as well.
- Uses the same UI from WordPress
- Uses a wide range of available fields for users with a vast amount of options.
- Uses the same syntax of Meta Box when working with user fields. No more learning curve!
- Similar to MB Term Meta where you can add metadata to custom taxonomies.
Want to see more information? Check the DOCUMENTATION
- Fix hook priority to compatible with Meta Box 4.9
- Fix: not showing meta value after saving
- Fix: compatibility with core plugin, where fields are empty when editing posts
- Fix compatibility issue
- Initial version