Tooltip is a quick way to provide help information for elements. It’s usually used to explain what an element is or what it does. Tooltip can help users understand and use / interact with elements in the page more efficiently, e.g. improve the usability of your page.
Meta Box Tooltip is an extension for Meta Box plugin which adds tooltip functionality to your meta fields. It allows you to add a small icon next to field’s label and when users move the mouse over the icon, a small tooltip appears and shows custom help information for the field.
Meta Box Tooltip supports two icons by default:
help. And since version 0.1.1, you can use all icons in Dashicons font, which is built-in WordPress.
You can also use your custom icon by providing URL to icon image. (See documentation) to know how to do that)
- Supports all Dashicons
- Also supports custom icon image
- 4 positions of tooltip: `left`, `right`, `top`, `bottom`
- Easy to adjust old code to add tooltip to meta fields
- Easily integrate with themes
Version 1.0.1 - July 18th, 2016:
- Improvement: No fatal error when Meta Box is deactivated.
Version 1.0.0 - June 1st, 2016:
- Improvement: Make the extension safe to be included in themes/plugins.
- Fix: Tooltip now works with clones
Version 0.1.1 - August 13rd, 2015:
- Fully support Dashicons
Version 0.1.0 - October 18th, 2014:
- First release