Meta Box Builder is a designer-friendly extension for the Meta Box plugin which allows you to create custom meta boxes and fields in the WordPress edit page using the drag-and-drop interface. When using this extension, you can create your meta boxes and custom fields without any knowledge of PHP!
Prior to this extension, the Meta Box plugin allows you to create custom meta boxes and custom fields only by PHP code. It requires a little PHP knowledge and is mostly for developers.
Now with the Meta Box Builder, you can create custom meta boxes much more easily, even if you don’t know how to code! Just use the drag and drop interface which is modeled on the WordPress Menu and all other tasks such as registering meta boxes, creating custom fields and more are automatically done for you.
In short, if you can create a WordPress Menu, you know how to create a Meta Box.
- Supports all built-in Meta Box fields and parameters.
- Works with all others Meta Box addons.
- Create any custom field parameters by using Custom Attributes.
- Designer-friendly, no coding knowledge required.
- Lightweight, ease of use and blazing fast.
Version 2.1.1 - October 18th, 2016
- Fix: incompatibility with Include/Exclude
- Fix: tab_style and tab_wrapper attribute should removed if no tab exists
- Improvement: tweak the settings page UI
Version 2.1 - September 26th, 2016
- Improvement: Compatibility with nested nested... group
- Improvement: Move settings for meta box and fields to new tab
- Improvement: Easier to include the plugin in theme
- Improvement: Style for tab and field attributes
- Improvement: Update Angular ui-sortable
- Fix: Export doesn't works
- Fix: Error when dragging field under field
Version 2.0.7 - June 20th, 2016
- Fix: Fix plugin localization
- Fix: CSS error in field settings
Version 2.0.6 - March 23rd, 2016
- Improvement: Change default permission from update_core to edit_theme_options
- Fix: Import/Export doesn't works in some hosts
- Fix: Add Option button doesn't shows up
- Improvement: Allows user add empty value for Select, Select Advanced...
- Improvement: Add Post Types dropdown to Post field
Version 2.0.5 - March 15th, 2016
- Fix: Update Taxonomy and Taxonomy Advanced to compatibility to the latest version
Version 2.0.4 - March 13th, 2016
- Improvement: Supports columns extension without using Custom Attributes
Version 2.0.3 - Jan 11th, 2016
- Bug fix: Remove PHP warning when field['type'] is not set
- Bug fix: Builder stops when has two fields which has same id
- Improvement: Better way to save data without using jQuery sanitize
- Improvement: Conditional Logic Use `starts with` instead of `start_with`, `ends with` instead of `end_with` for more naturally.
Version 2.0.2 - December 09th, 2015
- Bug fixes: Error with duplicated elements
Version 2.0.1 - November 21st, 2015
- Bug fixes: Error when no meta box added
Version 2.0 - November 1st, 2015
- New feature: Support Conditional Logic
- New feature: Support Group by creating nested fields
- New feature: Support Tabs by drag and drop tabs above fields
- New feature: Support custom attributes for meta boxes
- Improvement: Totally rewrite fields template
- Improvement: Only Administrators can manage meta boxes
- Improvement: Increase the size of field editor
- Improvement: Use Select2 instead of Checkboxes for selecting Post Types
- Improvement: Show all premium fields and add-ons feature eventhough user hasn't activated
- Bug fixes: Remove some CSS bugs
Version 1.2.2 - August 8th, 2015
- Bug fixes: Compatibility with WP Loop
Version 1.2.1 - July 30th, 2015
- New feature: Import/Export meta boxes
- Bug fixes: Cannot display more than 10 Meta Boxes
Version 1.2 - April 18th, 2015
- New feature: Allows user define array in "key - value" fields by using dot notation.
- Bug fixes: Text List doesn't display without default values.
- Improvement: User cannot define default values for Text List when clone.
Version 1.1 - March 06th, 2015
- New feature: Add JSON support for value on Custom Attribute, JS Options, Query Args... and other "key - value" field attribute.
- Improvement: On the "key - value" fields (Custom Attribute, JS Options, Query Args...), change the value input to textarea
- New feature: Support Show / Hide extension
- New feature: Support Include / Exclude extension
- Improvement: Change the priority of Builder Gui (from admin_init to init)
- Improvement: Add input email support for Builder Gui
- Improvement: Only load file in Dashboard.
Version 1.0.2 - March 04th, 2015
- New feature: User can now navigate between option fields via up and down key.
- Bug fixes: $meta_boxes filter override bug which clear all meta boxes registered outside Meta Box Builder
Version 1.0.1 - February 04th, 2015
- Bug fixes: Backward compatibility with PHP 5.1+
- Bug fixes: Fix options `label` and `value` wrong position
- New feature: Placeholder for number field
Version 1.0 - January 22nd, 2015:
- First release