Meta Box Builder is an extension for WordPress beginners from the WordPress Meta Box plugin which requires no PHP knowledge and allows to create custom meta boxes and custom fields in the WordPress edit page only by drag-and-drop.
No PHP, special for beginners
Developers or beginners who don’t want to do any coding, this is the best addon for you. You can just use the drag and drop interface which is modeled on the WordPress Menu to develop meta boxes. And leave the rest work like registering meta boxes, creating custom fields to be done automatically. In short, if you can create a WordPress Menu, you know how to create a Meta Box. Prior to this extension, the Meta Box plugin only allows you to create custom meta boxes and custom fields only by PHP code. It requires a little PHP knowledge and is mostly for developers.
Export PHP code to use without the plugin
Since version 2.2, developers can use the Meta Box Builder to export PHP code that can be used on another websites which don’t have Meta Box Builder installed. This is a great feature because you can use Meta Box Builder to prototype the custom fields to test. When everything works, you can export the PHP code to use to increase the website performance.
Besides, with this feature, you can also import and export the custom fields and custom meta boxes configuration to use in multiple sites.
- Designer-friendly, no coding knowledge required.
- Lightweight, easy to use and blazing fast.
- Supports every built-in Meta Box fields and parameters.
- Works with all others Meta Box extensions.
- Creates any custom field parameters by using Custom Attributes.
- Import/export meta boxes and fields
- Supports exporting configuration to PHP code
If you think Meta Box Builder is great, you should try free extension Custom Post Type which is the most popular extensions for Meta Box to help you create and manage custom post types easily and the extension Template which can help you create metaboxes and fields with only a simple text template. These three are the must have addons for the beginners.
Want to see more information? Check the DOCUMENTATION.
We also have a blog especially for WordPress beginners on Meta Box. Please check it here.
Version 2.2.1 - February 14th, 2017:
- New: Improve styles for custom attributes, conditional logic
- New: Add syntax highlighting for generated PHP code
Version 2.2 - February 05th, 2017
- New: Supports for generating PHP code to be used without the extension.
- Fix: CSS skewed on Settings/Include Exclude tab
- Fix: Delete button is invisible in Add New Meta Box
Version 2.1.1 - October 18th, 2016
- Fix: incompatibility with Include/Exclude
- Fix: tab_style and tab_wrapper attribute should removed if no tab exists
- Improvement: tweak the settings page UI
Version 2.1 - September 26th, 2016
- Improvement: Compatibility with nested nested... group
- Improvement: Move settings for meta box and fields to new tab
- Improvement: Easier to include the plugin in theme
- Improvement: Style for tab and field attributes
- Improvement: Update Angular ui-sortable
- Fix: Export doesn't works
- Fix: Error when dragging field under field
Version 2.0.7 - June 20th, 2016
- Fix: Fix plugin localization
- Fix: CSS error in field settings
Version 2.0.6 - March 23rd, 2016
- Improvement: Change default permission from update_core to edit_theme_options
- Fix: Import/Export doesn't works in some hosts
- Fix: Add Option button doesn't shows up
- Improvement: Allows user add empty value for Select, Select Advanced...
- Improvement: Add Post Types dropdown to Post field
Version 2.0.5 - March 15th, 2016
- Fix: Update Taxonomy and Taxonomy Advanced to compatibility to the latest version
Version 2.0.4 - March 13th, 2016
- Improvement: Supports columns extension without using Custom Attributes
Version 2.0.3 - Jan 11th, 2016
- Bug fix: Remove PHP warning when field['type'] is not set
- Bug fix: Builder stops when has two fields which has same id
- Improvement: Better way to save data without using jQuery sanitize
- Improvement: Conditional Logic Use `starts with` instead of `start_with`, `ends with` instead of `end_with` for more naturally.
Version 2.0.2 - December 09th, 2015
- Bug fixes: Error with duplicated elements
Version 2.0.1 - November 21st, 2015
- Bug fixes: Error when no meta box added
Version 2.0 - November 1st, 2015
- New feature: Support Conditional Logic
- New feature: Support Group by creating nested fields
- New feature: Support Tabs by drag and drop tabs above fields
- New feature: Support custom attributes for meta boxes
- Improvement: Totally rewrite fields template
- Improvement: Only Administrators can manage meta boxes
- Improvement: Increase the size of field editor
- Improvement: Use Select2 instead of Checkboxes for selecting Post Types
- Improvement: Show all premium fields and add-ons feature eventhough user hasn't activated
- Bug fixes: Remove some CSS bugs
Version 1.2.2 - August 8th, 2015
- Bug fixes: Compatibility with WP Loop
Version 1.2.1 - July 30th, 2015
- New feature: Import/Export meta boxes
- Bug fixes: Cannot display more than 10 Meta Boxes
Version 1.2 - April 18th, 2015
- New feature: Allows user define array in "key - value" fields by using dot notation.
- Bug fixes: Text List doesn't display without default values.
- Improvement: User cannot define default values for Text List when clone.
Version 1.1 - March 06th, 2015
- New feature: Add JSON support for value on Custom Attribute, JS Options, Query Args... and other "key - value" field attribute.
- Improvement: On the "key - value" fields (Custom Attribute, JS Options, Query Args...), change the value input to textarea
- New feature: Support Show / Hide extension
- New feature: Support Include / Exclude extension
- Improvement: Change the priority of Builder Gui (from admin_init to init)
- Improvement: Add input email support for Builder Gui
- Improvement: Only load file in Dashboard.
Version 1.0.2 - March 04th, 2015
- New feature: User can now navigate between option fields via up and down key.
- Bug fixes: $meta_boxes filter override bug which clear all meta boxes registered outside Meta Box Builder
Version 1.0.1 - February 04th, 2015
- Bug fixes: Backward compatibility with PHP 5.1+
- Bug fixes: Fix options `label` and `value` wrong position
- New feature: Placeholder for number field
Version 1.0 - January 22nd, 2015:
- First release