Developers don’t need to rewrite any meta box definitions. Just add conditions for meta boxes for where to show or hide them, then other works will be done automatically. And no need to get stuck with writing custom PHP to check.
Please note that this extension works with meta boxes, meaning it doesn’t show / hide custom fields or elements based on some rules. If you need that, or need more complex condition, please check the Meta Box Conditional Logic.
Since version 1.1.0, the plugin supports Gutenberg, the new block editor in WordPress 5.0. However, since Gutenberg has some limitations, the plugin only supports Since version 1.3.0, we have fully added compatibility with Gutenberg. Now all rules are working properly in both classic editor and Gutenberg editor.
- Works in both classic editor and Gutenberg (block editor)
- Allows developers to show or hide meta boxes under conditions
- Can combine conditions using logical operator AND, OR
- Conditions (show/hide by):
- Page templates
- Post formats
- Custom taxonomies (hierarchy taxonomies only)
- Parent page
- Input values, for example: show a meta box when selecting a value from dropdown, hide a meta box when checking a checkbox, etc.