Meta Box Include Exclude is an extension for the WordPress Meta Box plugin, which helps developers to show/hide these meta boxes only in some situations conditionally by post ID, page template, category, tag or custom taxonomy. Also, developers can combine conditions (include, exclude, logical operator AND, OR) to create as many restrictions as they want. Moreover, developers can write a custom function to check whether or not show the meta box.
Must Use Situation:
Create a meta box for the Contact Us page template only or a meta box for only posts under News category, etc. And each post under these conditions has specific metadata and thus, specific meta box for configuration.It is better to use Meta Box Include Exclude to complete them.
Highlights: Easy-to-use & Less PHP
No more meta box definitions. No more PHP to check. All you need to do is adding conditions for meta boxes, the plugin will handle all of rest for you automatically.
- Allows to show (include) or hide (exclude) meta boxes under conditions
- Can combine conditions using logical operator AND, OR
- Conditions (show/hide by):
Want to see more information? Check the DOCUMENTATION
Version 1.0.7 - February 14th, 2017:
- Fix: Compatibility issue with PHP 5.2
Version 1.0.6 - February 9th, 2017:
- Improvement: Now
user_idworks with MB User Meta extension.
Version 1.0.5 - August 3rd, 2016:
- Fix: "category" param doesn't work.
Version 1.0.4 - June 1st, 2016:
- Improvement: Make the extension safe to be included in themes/plugins.
Version 1.0.3 - May 8th, 2016:
- Fix: Check "is_child()" no longer outputs warning for new posts
Version 1.0.2 - April 23rd, 2016:
- Fix: Do not access global variable of current user
Version 1.0.1 - March 23rd, 2016:
- Improvement: Add support for custom function to be an array(object/class, method name)
Version 1.0.0 - March 21st, 2016:
- Improvement: Add support for checking parent terms
Version 0.2.4 - November 9th, 2015:
- Fix: wrong initial value for 'AND' relation
Version 0.2.3 - June 23rd, 2015:
- New: Add support for checking if a page is a child page or not (via
Version 0.2.2 - April 16th, 2015:
- Fix: E-NOTICE warning when visit other admin pages
Version 0.2.1 - April 8th, 2015:
- Fix: Missing post ID when checking by post slug
Version 0.2.0 - March 17th, 2015:
- New: Add support for user role (via
- New: Add support for user ID (via
Version 0.1.3 - March 7th, 2015:
- Fix: Not working when passing comma separated string for parameters
Version 0.1.2 - December 20th, 2014:
- Fix: Not working for "page" parent
- Improvement: optimize plugin loading file
Version 0.1.1 - August 31st, 2014:
- Change classname and improve coding style
- Add parent IDs and post slugs to list of conditions
Version 0.1 - July 3rd, 2014:
- First release