Meta Box Template is an extension for the Meta Box plugin which allows you to create custom meta boxes and custom fields in the WordPress edit page using an easy-to-read template. Using this extension, you can define your meta boxes and custom fields without touching PHP code!
Prior to this extension, Meta Box plugin allows you to create custom meta boxes and custom fields only by PHP code. It requires a little PHP knowledge and is mostly for developers.
With Meta Box Template, you can create custom meta boxes much more easily, even if you don’t know PHP or coding! Just write a simple template like in the screenshots below and all other tasks like registering meta boxes and creating custom fields with various options are done automatically for you.
Using our template for meta boxes, you also are able to:
- Change custom fields names and parameters anytime you want.
- Copy the template to reuse it in other websites.
- Supports YAML syntax which offers easy-to-read configuration for template.
- Supports all parameters of meta box and all fields.
- Supports all extensions.
- Simple, easy to use and runs fast.
Version 0.2 - December 22nd, 2014:
- Improvement: Add option to read template from config file
- Improvement: Remove plugin option when uninstall
Version 0.1.1 - December 16th, 2014:
- Fix: Check Spyc class exists
Version 0.1.0 - December 11th, 2014:
- First release