- This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 12 months ago by .
I'm using the OSM field and am trying autocomplete address vs separate address, city, country fields.
With Autocomplete you can tell if the system recognises the address because, well, it autocompletes. With the separate fields, you need to click on "find address" to trigger the location update, and if no address is found no feedback is given whatsoever.
As a separate, but related issue, the fact you can drag the pin around is confusing to the user, because it looks like you can set the coordinates that way, especially if the address is not found automatically.
I could live with it as long as this is only in the back-end, but now I'm adding this to a user-facing form (in the user profile) so the confusing behaviour is not really acceptable to the client.
What are my alternatives?
Here are a few options:
- the pin to either be locked (so the user can't drag it around), or to actually update the coordinates to the position the user places it.
- the find address function to be triggered every time the user changes the address, city, and country
- give the user feedback when the address is updated, and especially if no address is found using the entered data
- trigger the find address function on submit if the user doesn't click on the button
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.