- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by .
i’m new to MB, and i can’t figure out how to get my meta-boxes do display.
i read through all the relevant documentation – but it’s unclear which part of your code examples should go where, and which parts should be changed.
i have the following plugins isntalled:
– meta box
– MB updater
– MB Settings Page
– MB Custom post types
– MB Box Builder
– MB includ exclud
– MB for Yoast SEO
so i created 2 custom post types using MB Custom Post Types, 1 of them with 2 custom taxonomies.
each CPT generetaed a code, which i copied to my theme’s function.php file.
the posts are shown on the front-end, but the custom taxonomies are not.
then i create 2 meta boxes (with custom fields) using MB Box builder, and assinged them to my 2 custom post types.
i filled the custom fields with content for all instances of that post types – but they are not shown on the page.
i think that maybe i am missing something(s) about using meta box to actually show the information on the site.
can you please help me with this few questions:
.1 do i need to copy the code genereated by MB Custom Post Type for each CPT and put it in functions.php?
2. do i need to follow the steps in this page: https://metabox.io/docs/registering-meta-boxes/ (copy the code to register meta-box) even though i have MB Builder / MB Custom Post Types installed?
3. also- the code in that page start with the line:
add_filter( ‘rwmb_meta_boxes’, ‘YOURPREFIX_register_meta_boxes’ );
this line is missing from the code generated by MB Custom Post Types (as mentioned in question 1). is this ok or should i add that line?
4. should i copy-paste any code to register my custom taxonimies and custom fields?
5. in the tutorial for “Get custom field value and display in the front end” (this page: https://metabox.io/docs/get-meta-value/) you say: “To get field meta value, use this function:” and show some code – but it’s unclear where to put this code?
6. in that same page you say: “To display field value in the frontend, just put the code below in your theme’s template file:” and show some PHP code – but – my template using .yaml files, not .php files.
how can i get my custom fields to show on the page?
thank you very much!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.