- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 1 week ago by .
Hope your team is off to a great start to the new year. Real quick, can’t wait for the 3rd hotel booking case study post, and also would be great to see a 2020 roadmap post like you did in years past. Anyway on to my question.
What I need to do: Display / list my trip dates (and their details) by month ascending.
My trips are a custom post type. Each trip can have multiple departure dates. I’ve created a custom cloneable group field with the following fields; title, date, price, availability.
I’m creating a new page to display “All Trip Dates” broken out by month. Problem is I’m currently not using the date field because it doesn’t allow for multi select dates. Just using plain text field for date.
1) Add the ability for multi select to the date field. Any chance you could add this to the date field? I know a your users have requested it but what’s the reason it hasn’t been added? Is it a pain to maintain? It would be an excellent addition! Then query by date and display trip dates for May.
2) Combine / merge two date field outputs. If I had a “start date” and “end date” how would I merge the two so the output would look like, May 24 – 29, 2020 or May 31 – June 4, 2020? So that I could then query by date and display all dates for say “May”.
3) Make “group fields” available within the select advanced field options. So not sure how realistic this option is but trying to think of another way. If I created a new custom group field for “May” then added the “select advanced” field – could I somehow tell it to display the custom post type “trips” but then also display each trips “custom group fields”? Then that way I’d just manually select each trip date in May to display.
What are your thoughts for best approach? Option 1 would be amazing but I don’t know all the reasons behind.
Thanks in advance!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.