Meta Box Tabs is an extension for the Meta Box plugin which allows you to create WordPress-style tabs. Using this extension, you can organize meta fields (custom fields) in meta box better, in a more user-friendly way and thus, make you and your clients happier.
Meta Box Tabs uses WordPress styles for tabs, it supports 3 styles of tabs, so users will feel comfortable with the plugin. It’s also easy to setup the tabs for meta boxes. You don’t have to rewrite code for meta boxes. All you need to do is just add more parameters for tabs such as tabs’ titles and where each field belongs to.
- Use default WordPress tab styles
- Support 3 styles of tabs
- Support tab icon, use Dashicons by default but you can use any icon font or images for icon
- Easy to adjust old code to add tabs to meta boxes
- Works with Meta Box Columns plugin that give you more ability to beautify meta boxes’ layout
- Easily integrate with themes
- Since version 0.1.4, the plugin allows us to remove the wrapper of meta boxes in WordPress, making the tabs look more professional (see screenshot)
Version 1.0.1 - June 1st, 2016:
- Improvement: Make the extension safe to be included in themes/plugins.
Version 0.1.7 - Jan 11th, 2016:
- Improvement: Better compatibility with Conditional Logic
Version 0.1.5 - October 27th, 2015:
- Fix: Incorrect style for file advanced fields with Meta Box 4.6
Version 0.1.4 - September 30th, 2015:
- Improvement: Add option to hide meta box wrapper around tabs
Version 0.1.3 - April 2nd, 2015:
- Fix: Google maps not fully loaded in hidden tab
Version 0.1.2 - February 24th, 2015:
- New: Now works with Meta Box Group extension
- New: Improve performance by loading in admin only
Version 0.1.1 - September 22nd, 2014:
- New: Add left tab style
- New: Allow to use icons in tabs. Support Dashicons by default but can use any icon.
Version 0.1 - July 3rd, 2014:
- First release