Meta Box Tabs is an extension for the WordPress Meta Box plugin, which allows you to create WordPress-style tabs in 3 styles. Developers can set it up easily, organize meta fields (custom fields) in meta box better, satisfy the clients in a more user-friendly way.
Highlights: Simple work & User-friendly UI
No more re-coding for meta boxes. Your only work is adding more parameters for tabs such as tabs’ titles and where each field belongs to. In this way, the UI is really clear and the clients can understand easily.
For the UI Lover, the Meta Box Tabs is not enough. If you want to satisfy your client in the more user-friendly way, it is better to beautify the meta boxes’ layout by Meta Box Columns and add the help information next to the label by Meta Box Tooltip.
- Uses default WordPress tab styles
- Supports 3 styles of tabs
- Supports tab icon, use Dashicons by default but you can use any icon font or images for icon
- Easy to adjust old code to add tabs to meta boxes
- Easily integrate with themes
- Since version 0.1.4, the plugin allows us to remove the wrapper of meta boxes in WordPress, making the tabs look more professional (see screenshot).
Want to see more information? Check the DOCUMENTATION
Version 1.0.1 - June 1st, 2016:
- Improvement: Make the extension safe to be included in themes/plugins.
Version 0.1.7 - Jan 11th, 2016:
- Improvement: Better compatibility with Conditional Logic
Version 0.1.5 - October 27th, 2015:
- Fix: Incorrect style for file advanced fields with Meta Box 4.6
Version 0.1.4 - September 30th, 2015:
- Improvement: Add option to hide meta box wrapper around tabs
Version 0.1.3 - April 2nd, 2015:
- Fix: Google maps not fully loaded in hidden tab
Version 0.1.2 - February 24th, 2015:
- New: Now works with Meta Box Group extension
- New: Improve performance by loading in admin only
Version 0.1.1 - September 22nd, 2014:
- New: Add left tab style
- New: Allow to use icons in tabs. Support Dashicons by default but can use any icon.
Version 0.1 - July 3rd, 2014:
- First release