Meta Box Tabs is an extension for the Meta Box plugin, which allows you to organize custom fields in tabs. The extension supports 3 tab styles with the same UI as in the WordPress admin area. Developers can set it up easily, organize custom fields in meta box better, satisfy the clients in a more user-friendly way.
No more re-coding for meta boxes. Your only work is adding more parameters for tabs such as tabs’ titles and where each field belongs to. In this way, the UI is really clear and the clients can understand easily.
Tabs can have icons. The extension supports all the icons from Dashicons (the default icon font for WordPress admin area). Besides, you can use any icon font or images if you want.
To make everything smooth, we use the same UI as in the WordPress admin area. This makes sure there’s nothing surprisingly appears in your edit pages.
Tabs can be on top or on the left (similar to what WooCommerce does). You can also remove the meta box wrapper to make the tabs look better (see screenshot below).
If you need more way to control how the custom fields are organized, please consider using Meta Box Columns. It allows you to put fields in a 12-columns grid. Both plugin works well together.
- Uses default WordPress tab styles
- Supports 3 styles of tabs (see screenshots for the demo)
- Supports tab icon, use Dashicons by default but you can use any icon font or images for icon
- Easy to adjust old code to add tabs to meta boxes
- Easily integrate with themes
- Ability to remove the wrapper of meta boxes in WordPress, making the tabs look more professional (see screenshot).