Today we're happy to introduction to the new version of Meta Box Builder which has massive improvements, tons of new features. We can't wait for your feedback and of course, let's go through the detail of this update:
- 1. Supports Group
- 2. Supports Tab
- 3. Supports Conditional Logic
- 4. Support Custom Attributes for meta boxes
- 5. Totally rewrite fields template and 60% of code base
- 6. Only allows Administrators to manage Meta Boxes
- 7. Increase size of field editor
- 8. Use Select2 for selecting Post Types
- 9. Under the hood
Group is one of the most downloaded extensions of Meta Box, so we have no reason for not support it. In this version, to add group, simply go to 'Specials' pane and click
Group. To add fields to group, simply drag your fields nested under your groups.
Add tab, select icon and put label, drag the field under the tab. Simply huh?
Supports Conditional Logic
What makes our conditional logic plugin different than others? It can works with any fields you see in the Post editing page (and hidden fields also). And now, Builder works seamless with it.
Support Custom Attributes for meta boxes
In older versions, you can add custom attributes for fields, and in this version, this feature works with meta boxes.
Totally rewrite fields template and 60% of code base
Faster, more beautiful, and easier to extends.
Only allows Administrators to manage Meta Boxes
For more security, in this version we restrict user access and allows Administrators only.
Increase size of field editor
In Meta Box Builder 1, the UI was inspired by WordPress Menu manager, the field editor size is equal to Menu editor size. There are not enough room for your creativity so we increase the size to give you better user experience.
Use Select2 for selecting Post Types
Select2 is a great plugin for create cleaner, better UI, so we implement it in this version for selecting Post Type, there are some other fields need to update UI to select2 and we're still in progress to do it.
Under the hood
- CSS Tweak for editor window
- Add placeholder for Post field
- On Map field, change address_field from Textarea to Text
- Use angular-ui sortable bridge instead of current jquery-ui sortable
- Use tg-dynamic-directive to create nested fields