Are you looking to add a contact form on your WordPress site? Not sure which one of the thousands of WordPress contact form plugins to use? If you’re running a WordPress website, contact form plugins can prove to be very useful when it comes to addressing that particular concern. WordPress contact forms make it much simpler and easier for your customers to get in touch with you, and creating one isn’t that hard either. With WordPress, all you’re going to need is a suitable plugin. In this article, we’ll be looking at eight of the very best contact form plugins available for WordPress.
Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is one of the most used contact form plugins for WordPress. It supports Ajax filtering, the ability to challenge form submissions using CAPTCHAs, and spam filtering integrated with the well-known Akismet WordPress plugin. While Contact Form 7 offers many useful features, its UI may seem daunting to non-developers. To learn about how to use Contact Form 7 plugin, refer to this article.
- Stop spamming with a CAPTCHA
- Multiple Contact forms
- Ajax-powered submission
- Akismet spam filtering
- Track form submission with Google Analytics
- URL redirect after form submission
- Wide ranges of form fields
But it also has some of disadvantages:
- Not a WordPress form builder
- Styling could get complex
- Absence of Preview window
WPForms is an incredibly feature-rich plugin that also by some means manages to deliver a nice and clear user interface. Everything works with drag-and-drop, which makes creating new forms rather quick, and you also get access to pre-built form templates to speed things up even more. You can read the detailed review about this plugin here.
Some cool features WP gives you:
- Pre-built form templates
- Multi-page forms
- Smart conditioning login to help create high-performance forms
- Instant Notifications
- Spam protection
- Streamlined workflow – All your leads in one place
- Geolocation Data
- Custom CAPTCHA
- Several Add-ons
- Basic Plan: 39$/year
- Plus Plan: 99 $/year
- Pro Plan: 199 $/year
- Agency Plan: 499 $/year
HappyForms is one of the newer contact form plugins on the block, but one thing we really like about it is that it’s completely built in the WordPress Customizer. HappyForms gives you enough options to create and customize forms very easily. Default options are enough and you don’t need to install additional add-ons.
Out standing Features:
- Drag and drop form builder.
- Live preview forms as you create them.
- Confirmation message on submission.
- Redirect to any webpage after the form is submitted.
- One-click HoneyPot and Google ReCaptcha spam prevention.
- Over 50 styles control built-in.
- Completely mobile responsive forms.
- Messages archive for all submissions.
- Create one/two/three column layout with a single click.
- GDPR and 508 compliant forms and secure forms.
Developed by WP Ninjas, Ninja Forms is another fantastic drag-and-drop style form-building solution. The free version comes with twenty-eight fields, including checkboxes, anti-spam fields, star ratings, and various others. The plugin allows you to create your own unique notification emails and will also store all submissions in your WordPress database. Plus, there’s a handy exporting feature that allows forms to be imported into another website.
Other features include:
- Unlimited number of forms, fields, emails, actions, or submissions
- Email customization
- WordPress integration
- Many Anti-Spam options
- Decision to send a ‘Success’ message or redirect the users to another URL
- Export/Import forms
- Form user submissions: Manage, Edit, and Export
- Translation ready
- Being a complete package with 40 add-ons, new ones are regularly added for the convenience of the users.
- Reportedly, it has broken sites. Hence, make sure that you backup all the data.
Capable of creating not only simple contact forms but also much more advanced contact forms spanning multiple pages, Gravity Forms is one of the most advanced (and most popular) contact form solutions on the market. You can create a professional contact form for your website with the help of:
- 30+ Ready to Use Form Fields
- Email Notifications
- File uploads
- Responsive design
- Spam check
- Form embedding
- Limit and Schedule forms
- Endless integrations such as MailChimp, PayPal, Stripe, Highrise, Freshbooks, Dropbox, Zapier
- Standard ticket support system
A personal license for Gravity Forms retails at $39/year — which should prove more than adequate for most users. Where Gravity Forms really excels, however, is in how easily it integrates with other services, although some of these will require you to buy an extended license. The business license costs $99/year and allows access to three basic add-ons, allowing you to integrate your forms with Aweber, Campaign Monitor, and MailChimp.
The developer license retails at $199/year and, in addition to all basic add-ons, it also gives you access to an additional 14 advanced add-ons — including add-ons for PayPal, Authorize.net, Freshbooks, Twilio, and more.
Form Maker by WD
Form Maker is a power-packed yet user-friendly form builder plugin. With an intuitive drag and drop interface, this plugin is the ultimate solution to help you create responsive WordPress Forms easily and in a timely manner. It will take you just a few clicks to create them and a couple of minutes to customize with the available themes, styling and display options.
Some of its features are:
- Simple and Arithmetic Captcha
- Google ReCaptcha
- 4 outstanding appearances types
- Pre-installed template forms
- MySQL mapping
- Survey tools
- Explore Form Maker Pro. Its features are:
- Stripe integration
- Mailchimp integration
- Pdf integration
- WordPress Registration
- Google Drive Integration
- Dropbox Integration
This powerful extension of Meta Box not only helps you create contact forms but also lets you create forms for users to submit their posts from the frontend.
- Create listing sites
- Create review sites
- Post management & user dashboard
- Meta Box custom field types are fully supported
- Create forms with any fields for a tailored fit
Not only is the contact form a way to stay in touch with your customers, but it also shows that you’re a legitimate business. You’re open to communicating with users, and that might be all it takes to get a sale or a new reader. If you have any thoughts about these WordPress contact form plugins, let us know in the comments section below.
Do you prefer any of these contact form plugins over the others?