It's been almost a month since our last update announcement post. There are a lot of new and important improvements in Meta Box and extensions. Let's find out below.
- 1. Meta Box 4.15.5
- 2. Resolved topics on the forum
- 3. More developer tutorials
- 4. Meta Box Builder 2.9.0 - Enter choice options easier
- 5. MB Frontend Submission 1.4.0 - Added attributes for post title, post content labels
- 6. MB User Profile 1.1.1 - Continue edit after submitting the form
- 7. Meta Box AIO 1.6.2 - Dashboard widget and better settings page
Meta Box 4.15.5
Since beginning August, we have released 4 versions of Meta Box: from 4.15.2 to 4.15.5. The biggest improvement in these versions is the optimization for fields
user that reduces the number of queries. Especially when those fields are cloneable, the number of queries is significantly decreased.
For details, please see the changelog.
Resolved topics on the forum
We updated the forum to add resolved status to topics. It simply means the problem in the topics are resolved. However, the topics won’t be closed anymore and users still continue discussing on the topic.
This change might help other people join the discussion later if they have the same problem. Or if there’s any update about the problem that need to discuss.
More developer tutorials
We've been working on developer tutorials on our Blog. The content is created from developer's point of view. So, it provides in-depth knowledge to custom fields and meta boxes. We hope to lighten some aspects that (we think) developers should know.
Currently, we have finished our first series - Custom Fields. Check it out!
- Optimizing Database for Custom Fields in WordPress
- What is Custom Fields in WordPress?
- Easy Way to Add Custom Fields in WordPress Without Plugins
- How to Create Custom Meta Boxes & Custom Fields in WordPress?
- Get Posts by Custom Fields in WordPress - Part 1
- Applications of Custom Fields in WordPress
- How does WordPress Store Custom Fields? #1: Data flow
- How does WordPress Store Custom Fields? #2 Database
- What is Meta Box Plugin? How to Use It to Create Custom Fields in WordPress?
- Get Posts by Custom Fields in WordPress - Part 2
- How to Add Star Rating Fields to Meta Box
Meta Box Builder 2.9.0 - Enter choice options easier
On this version, we changed the way to enter options for choice fields:
checkbox_list. The options are changed to a textarea, which allows you to enter the values faster. You can also copy and paste values from another place.
See how it works in this video:
Moreover, the new field OpenStreetMap is now available in the builder.
MB Frontend Submission 1.4.0 - Added attributes for post title, post content labels
This is very helpful as it allows users to change the labels without overwriting the templates. So we brought it to MB Frontend Submission. With this update, you don't need to copy the plugin template file to your theme to just change the label of Post Title. You can simply set the text in the shortcode attribute! That's simple! See the documentation for details.
MB User Profile 1.1.1 - Continue edit after submitting the form
This version added a simple thing: after users submitted the form (for editing their profile), they'll see a confirmation message with the form again. So they can continue edit their information if needed. This feature was requested in our support forum. And we just did it.
Meta Box AIO 1.6.2 - Dashboard widget and better settings page
We refined the settings page, making it look cleaner. There are filters for extensions that help users select extensions faster.
We also added a dashboard widget that shows latest news and tutorials from MetaBox.io. You can turn it off in the settings page if you want.
Please note that Meta Box AIO is available only in Developer and Lifetime Bundles.
That's all for now. If you want to receive the latest news about our products, please subscribe to our newsletter.