Instead of reading long articles about WordPress news, development, business, you can listen to WordPress podcasts. Podcast is the audio version of your content. You get all the same information you would by reading the blog posts, except that it’s delivered in a more convenient audio format. If you’re a busy developers, designers or entrepreneurs, you can save a lot of time just by listening to podcasts instead of reading every article.
Best podcasts for WordPress users, developers and businesses
- 1.1. WordPress Weekly
- 1.2. Mastermind.fm
- 1.3. Post Status Draft
- 1.4. Rethink.fm
- 1.5. Apply Filters
- 1.6. Matt Report
- 1.7. The WP Crowd
- 1.8. WP Innovator
- 1.9. WP Tonic
- 1.10. Between Two Posts
- 1.11. BobWP Monitizer Podcast
- 1.12. BobWP eCommerce Show
- 1.13. LMScast
- 1.14. How I Built It
- 1.15. Your Website Engineer
- 1.16. OfficeHours.FM
- 1.17. WordPress Plugins from A to Z
- 1.18. Kitchen Sink WordPress
- 1.19. WPwatercooler
- 1.20. DradCast
- 1.21. The WordPress Chick
- 1.22. WPcast.fm
- 1.23. The WP Elevation Podcast
- 1.24. WPRoundTable
- 1.25. WP Dev Table
- 1.26. The WordPress Photography Podcast
- 1.27. The Freelancers Show at DevChat.tv
- 1.28. Blog Aid
- 1.29. The UK Genesis Podcasts
- 1.30. WP Hacker Cast
- 1.31. Commit Access
- 2. How to start a podcast with WordPress
- 3. Best WordPress podcast plugins
- 4. Conclusion
Podcasts are fast becoming a preferred way to digest content. According to a research, there are 21% of U.S. adults listening to podcasts at least once a month. And the trend is no different in the WordPress industry.
Now, it’s simply a matter of finding the best free WordPress podcasts to subscribe to. Here are our picks for the best podcasts for WordPress users, developers and entrepreneurs. You can download podcasts to your computer or listen to them on iTunes, Google Play, etc. The list of podcast services are available differently for each podcast.
Best podcasts for WordPress users, developers and businesses
|A live, weekly podcast that talks about news and discussions related to WordPress as well as any projects under the Automattic umbrella. Recorded live every Wednesday afternoon at 3 PM Eastern.
Hosted by: WP Tavern – The leading news website about WordPress
|A podcast about building and running your WordPress business.
|A podcast about everything WordPress.
|The forward thinking podcast about WordPress, web design and front-end development.
Hosted by: Jakie D’Elia
|A podcast dedicated to WordPress development. Discussions will include everything from development in WordPress core, plugins, and themes. We will be sharing much of our own experiences in the development world, as well as bringing on guest developers to share their stories.
Note: Apply Filters has ended its life. But the content created through 83 episodes were awesome.
|The Matt Report is a WordPress business podcast created and hosted by Matt Medeiros. This podcast features somewhat lengthy but high quality interviews with WordPress experts. If you want to learn from the best about WordPress entrepreneurship, startups, and freelancing then this is the podcast for you.
Hosted by: Matt Medeiros
|A podcast for WordPress developers. Subscribe if you want to hear what actual working developers have to say about what matters most to you. Recorded on Fridays and airing on Tuesdays at 9am PST.|
|The podcast for designers, we talk agency life, strategy, marketing and WordPress. Episode range from interviews with agency owners and entrepreneurs from around the world, to solo episodes with Lee unpacking agency processes, it’s way more exciting than it sounds.
Hosted by: Lee Jackson
|A WordPress Podcast For Business Owners. WP-Tonic is a twice weekly WordPress business podcast covering the intersection of WordPress development, business, and marketing. We interview some of the biggest names in WordPress and online marketing, and also host a round table discussion live each Saturday.
Hosted by: Jonathan Denwood and Kim Shivler
|Humorously chatting with folks in the WordPress community.
|This weekly podcast brings you straight-forward actionable tips on how to monetize your WordPress site or blog. We will will talk about online stores, advertising, affiliate marketing, selling your services and/or products, courses, memberships and anything else you can think of to make money on your site. We aren’t promising you get-rich schemes or false promises, but steps you can take to help your reach your goals.
Hosted by: Bob Dunn
|This is an eCommerce and WordPress podcast dedicated to providing you the best tips and insights to help you build and grow your online store or monetize your blog or website. We bring in experts in social, marketing, sales, taxes, shipping, security, SEO, and everything between. We talk about WordPress plugins, eCommerce related services and tools for your eCommerce site. So even if you are not using WordPress for your online, you will learn a lot. And on occasion, we talk with shop owners who share their own story. So listen in and consider subscribing to our show.
Hosted by: Bob Dunn
|LMScast is a podcast for innovators like you in the WordPress LMS e-learning community. Each episode brings you valuable insights with one goal: to help you generate more income and impact through a learning management system built on WordPress. LMScast is for you the entrepreneur, the teacher, the expert, or the online marketer.
Hosted by: LifterLMS – a WordPress LMS plugin
|A podcast about building things on the web. On this podcast, Joe Casabona interviews product owners and developers to see how they built specific products, from idea to execution. Each week a new guest will talk about his or her process, launching, and evolving the business over time.
Hosted by: Joe Casabona
|Share at least one main topic per show, to help you focus / learn how to do one thing each week.
Hosted by: Dustin Hartzler – Happiness Engineer at Automattic.
|OfficeHours.FM is a weekly podcast targeting small business owners, freelancers, and others providing WordPress-based products or services. Each week host Carrie Dils interviews various personalities from the WordPress ecosystem (and sometimes) beyond to glean stories of successes (and failures) learned along the way.
Hosted by: Carrie Dils
|WordPress Plugins A to Z is a podcast that covers WordPress plugins. In each episode, John and Marcus review a few plugins that each fulfill a different function. The most recent episode explored plugins for front page sliders, quizzes, popups, visual theme customization, and Magento and WooCommerce migration.
|Talks about all things WordPress, including hosting and the latest WordPress news and events, plus interviews with some interesting members of the WordPress community.
Hosted by: Adam Silver
|Each week our host Jason Tucker brings together people from the WordPress community to discuss WordPress and how it is changing our businesses and our lives. WPwatercooler records weekly on Mondays at 11am to 11:30am PST.
Hosted by: Jason Tucker
|The DradCast is a weekly WordPress and Technology podcast hosted by Dre Armeda and Brad Williams. They discuss anything and everything WordPress and WP related.
|This podcast is focused on helping other entrepreneurs build their business with WordPress. Definitely a non-technical show, the author talks about general WordPress and online business topics with her experienced guests.
Hosted by: Kim Doyal
|The professional WordPress podcast. The goal with this podcast is to provide valuable information to WordPress professionals – designers, consultants, developers as well as end users that run their businesses on WordPress.
|Provides business advice for WordPress consultants looking to ‘level up’ their business. You’ll get interviews with WordPress entrepreneurs and other online business folk covering topics such as digital marketing and business growth.
Hosted by: Troy Dean
|A weekly show about the people of WordPress.
|A hangout of developers in a loose, round table-like, discussion about tools, best practices, tips, and most importantly, WordPress.
|The podcast for photographers looking to learn and do more with their WordPress photography websites. Conversations tailored to making WordPress more than just a tool and more of a part of your photography business.
Hosted by: Imagely – The creator of NextGen Gallery plugin
|This podcast focuses on WordPress programming and business topics like freelancing. It discusses the challenges that freelancers face. The panel includes technology freelancers and entrepreneurs with many years of experience.|
|WordPress, SEO, online marketing, and blogging tips and interviews with industry professionals.
Hosted by: MaAnna Stephenson
|Are you a UK-based professional using the Genesis Framework by Studiopress? Then this is the podcast for you. Every fortnight, we’ll be talking to one UK Genesis professional about their business, their experience with the framework and everything else in between.
|A WordPress podcast, for developers, by developers.
|Intimate conversations with WordPress Contributors.
Hosted by: John James Jacoby
How to start a podcast with WordPress
Start a podcast is not a hard work if you have a good microphone and know how to record an audio. WordPress can helps you publish the podcast to your audience in simple steps. Just follow the instruction below
Create a podcast
- Create a category for your podcasts; you can name this anything you like. For these instructions we’re going to call ours “Podcasts”.
- Create a new post and assign it to the Podcasts category.
- Upload or embed an audio file into this post. Note that you have to record and update the audio in format .mp3, .m4a, .ogg, or .wav. Audio files hosted on Soundcloud or similar websites should not be used.
- (Optional) Use the post’s excerpt field to provide a description for the episode.
- Publish the post.
Submit to iTunes
- Find your RSS feed URL. For Podcasts category, the feed URL will be
- Follow the instructions provided by Apple to Test your Feed.
- After you have confirmed that you can listen to your podcast through your own iTunes application, follow these instructions to Submit your podcast.
- Note that podcasts submitted to the iTunes Store do not become immediately available for subscription by others; they are submitted to a queue for review by iTunes staff.
- After your podcast feed has been accepted, you can get a link to distribute through email or websites by follow these steps for Linking to Your Podcast.
Best WordPress podcast plugins
If you want a plugin that manage all your podcast content, then you can use the following plugins. All of them provide a friendly interface for adding the content, uploading audio files that can help you organize your episodes easier.
Seriously Simple Podcasting
Seriously Simple Podcasting is an easy-to-use podcasting solution for WordPress that is as powerful as it is simple. It uses a native WordPress interface and has minimal settings so as not to distract you from what you really need to do – publish your content.
- Simple settings so you can get your podcast up and running quickly
- Free podcast hosting by Seriously Simple Hosting.
- Run multiple podcasts from the same site – each with their own, unique RSS feed
- Gather thorough stats on your listeners using the free stats add-on
- Supports both audio and video podcasting
- Highly configurable and robust RSS feed designed for all podcast services and feed readers – including iTunes, Google Play and Stitcher
- Shortcodes & widgets for displaying podcast episode lists, single episodes and podcast playlists anywhere on your site
- The freedom to host your media files wherever you like – on the same site or any other server
PowerPress Podcasting plugin by Blubrry
No. 1 Podcasting plugin for WordPress, with simple & advanced modes, players, subscribe tools, and more!
Developed by podcasters for podcasters; features include Simple and Advanced modes, multiple audio/video player options, subscribe to podcast page embeds and sidebar widgets, podcasting SEO features, and more! Fully supports iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn and Blubrry Podcasting directories, as well as all podcast applications and clients.
- Full iTunes & Google Play support
- Subscribe tools: Create subscribe page with our exclusive subscribe shortcode embed and subscribe sidebar widget optimized for responsive websites, high-resolution screens and Apple Retina displays.
- Podcasting SEO: Improve discovery of your podcast on search engines such as Google, and with the iTunes podcast directory.
- Podcast Importing: Import your podcast from SoundCloud, LibSyn, PodBean, Squarespace, or other podcast RSS feed.
- Migration tools: Quickly migrate from PodPress, TGS Podcasting, Seriously Simple Podcasting, Blogger, or Movable Type without losing episodes.
- Multi-podcast support: Create separate podcasts by category (Category Podcasting) or by media format (Podcast Channels).
- Media Statistics: Get FREE Blubrry Media Statistics from your WordPress dashboard.
- Free podcast hosting at Blubrry Podcast Media Hosting.
Both these plugins have large number of active users. Seriously Simple Podcasting seems to be better at integration with WordPress (UI, settings, upload) while PowerPress seems to have more features. Whatever you choose, it’s still a good plugin to create your own podcast.
Do you listen to WordPress podcasts often? If you don’t, you should do now. A lot of interesting stories are revealed in the talks (they’re unlikely published anywhere). It’s also a good resource to get the most updated news on WordPress, development and business. And most important – you’ll get listen to the opinion from the top brains in the WordPress community and sometimes – their free advice.